Pages

Friday 5 July 2019

My Food Bag Semester

The design process:

What was my profile target?
My profile target was a 25-year-old who is allergic to egg. I got this idea from myself as when I was younger, I was highly allergic to egg so I wanted to find more recipes and try more out.

What was my recipe decision based on?
My decision was based on mainly budget and because I had previously made Green Thai Curry before. I felt like it would be a good recipe to make and it was also a family altered Green Thai Curry.

My recipe for Green Thai Curry:
Original recipe
 ½   broccoli head ( this goes into the green curry)
 (250g) Stir fry veggies ( In microwave until defrosted)
1 packet of spring onion 
2 cans of coconut milk (400ml each so 800ml) 
2 chicken breasts 
51 grams of green Thai paste 
136 grams of rice (1 cup)   (get the rice on to cook asap)
Whole Green beans 


Preparation time:
 10-20  mins
Cooking time:
10 to 30 mins
Serves:
Serves 4


Method:

  1. Cook time 10-30 minutes
  2. Cut chicken into pieces ( size?)                             
  3. Cut beans in half ( remember to cut ends off too)
  4. Cut spring onions into small rings (use 3 spring onions)
  5. Cooktop (hob) to medium temperature. Put a frying pan onto the hob
  6. Add a splash of oil to the pan
  7. Brown chicken in pan, add Exotic brand green curry paste. Stir
  8. Add coconut milk. Stir
  9. Add beans and spring onions. Mix gently 
  10. Simmer (how long?) to cook chicken and vegetables, stirring every so often
  11. Cook the rice, don't overdo the rice.  Just want it soft not too soft.
  12. Check other vegetables are cooked also(this stir fry vegetable)
  13. Once all cooked serve green Thai Curry on rice.
  14. Garnish with chopped Spring onion 
Why was my recipe chosen?
My recipe was chosen because Mrs Hindson and my group wanted to see what it was like and what it would turn out like.

How does it fit into the nutritional model of 'the dinner plate'?
Well, it bearly has fat, sugar or non-healthy foods.

What changes did we make during the 2 practicals?
We added capsicum and we left sauce in it.

Why did we make these changes?
We made these changes because it needed more flavour, colour and sauce.

What were the positives about the final practical?
Well, it was tastier, colourful and saucier.

What were 2 things I have learned in this semester?
I learned how to work better and quicker with a group, I also learned how to add more flavourful things into dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.